Solution #2: Begin Listing Products to be Sold on Amazon
Now we’re in the fun bit! The first part might have been a bit lengthy and full of details, but it’ll come in handy for the second part because all you’ll need to do is click, configure and upload.
There are only four steps in this part; if you did everything right in the first part, this section will be a breeze.
- Login to your Seller Central account and toggle to the Inventory dropdown menu, then select “Add A Product”. You can also get to this point by clicking on “Add Products Via Upload”, which is handy if you’re used to working with spreadsheets.
- Next is to choose one of three options on the “Add a Product” page.
- Use the search bar to look for a product by name or ID.
- Just under the search bar, click on “Create a new product listing” (if your product is brand new and not currently being sold on Amazon).
- For batch uploads, go to the right side of your screen and click on “Bulk upload”.
- Confirm the primary category and add in any other categories or sub-categories your items belong to.
- Switch to “Advanced View” and fill in all the fields under the various tabs, i.e. Vital Info, Variations, Offer, Images, Description, Keywords and More Details. If you’re selling products that are the same except for small differences, like colour or size, then the Variations tab is where you’ll distinguish between those differences. This one requires going to the “Help” tab on your Dashboard and downloading the template you need (just search for “inventory file template” to get the selection of templates to choose from), making sure you have Excel to fill in all the fields and upload it to Amazon.